Kali Linux on Parallels on Apple Silicon Macs, with the new Kali Linux 2021.4, it is possible to install the distro on the VMware Fusion Public Tech Preview because the new kernel has all the modules required for the virtual GPU. Kali’s installer will automatically detect if you are installing on VMware and install relevant packages.
Kali Linux 2021.4 comes with several improved features, including Samba compatibility, better Apple M1 support, switching package manager mirrors, GNOME, KDE, Kaboxer theming, Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W + USBArmory MkII ARM images, and updates to Xfce.
SEE: Meet AttackSurfaceMapper; new automated penetration testing tool
The Samba client is configured to enable wide compatibility. Therefore, it can now connect to almost every Samba server regardless of the protocol version it uses. With this change, discovering Samba servers out of the box would become easier without configuring Kali.
Kali Linux’s new version offers extended support for Windows icon themes and themes, so the program can now integrate better with the rest of the desktop, and those ugly fallback themes won’t be required.
- Offensive Security has added as many as 9 new tools, the details of which is as follows:
- Dufflebag – Allows searching for exposed EBS volumes
- Maryam –An Open-source Intelligence (OSINT) Framework
- Name-That-Hash – Discovers hash name and type
- Proxmark3 – To enable Proxmark3 and RFID hacking
- Reverse Proxy Grapher – graphviz graph to reverse proxy flow
- S3Scanner – Searches for open S3 buckets
- Spraykatz – Credentials storing tool to automate remote procdump and parse of lsass process
- truffleHog – Explores git repositories for high entropy strings and secrets, including commit history
- Web of trust grapher (wotmate) – reimplements the defunct PGP pathfinder with just your keyring.
The Social-Engineer Toolkit
Part of the NetHunter app is the Social-Engineer Toolkit, which is now compatible with the Kali NetHunter app. It lets users customize their Facebook, Messenger, or Twitter direct message email notifications for social engineering attacks.
How To Install Kali Linux 2021.4
You can upgrade the existing Kali Linux installation or download ISO images for live distributions and new installations. If you upgrade from a previous version, such as installing on the Windows Subsystem for Linux, you can use this command to switch to the latest version.
echo "deb http://http.kali.org/kali kali-rolling main non-free contrib" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list sudo apt update && sudo apt -y full-upgrade cp -i /etc/skel/.bashrc ~/ cp -i /etc/skel/.zshrc ~/ chsh -s /bin/zsh [ -f /var/run/reboot-required ] && sudo reboot -f
More details and download is available on the official website of Kali Linux.
Did you enjoy reading this article? Like our page on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.