*Updated October 12, 2020.
Calling all Fitness & Peloton Lovers in Cybersecurity
CISOs and cybersecurity practitioners have experienced a drastic increase in attack surface during the pandemic and have been working harder than ever to keep up with the demands on their time. There’s nothing better to (decrease your own surface area) burn off steam than a workout. In order to help with your self care, and help all of us to have fun and give back a little, Synack is providing a little extra incentive. Starting October 1st for Cyber Awareness Month, Synack will create a #ridewithsynack hashtag to the Peloton app (no bike needed). Join us in a 1-month long Synack Peloton Diversity Challenge to raise awareness and funds for Black Girls Code. Synack will donate $10 for each Peloton workout a cybersecurity practitioner and Peloton member actively participates in during the month of October up to $10,000. Participants must use the leaderboard hashtag #RidewithSynack. Recommended workouts will be posted on social media and at the bottom of this page at the beginning of each week starting Monday, October 5th!
How do I participate in the Synack Peloton Diversity Challenge?
1. Create a profile if you don’t already have one on onepeloton.com (first 30 days are free!)
2. On your profile tab, click “Add Tags..”
3. One you click “add Tags,” click “Search or Create.”
Synack will donate $10 for each cybersecurity practitioner who actively participates in a Synack-sponsored workout, using the leaderboard hashtag #RidewithSynack, during the month of October up to $10,000. Workouts will be posted on social media at the beginning of each week starting Monday, October 5th!
4. Search for #Ridewithsynack.
5. Click “Add” when #ridewithsynack hashtag appears.
6. *Join us for workouts we post on social media each week at the established times and see where you stack up against the competition! You can also complete your own choice workouts at your own time, on-demand.
7. Evidence of all completed classes must be sent to [email protected] at the end of each week or rolling as they are completed.
What is Black Girls Code?
Black Girls Code is committed to training 1 million girls by 2040. Their core philosophy is promoting classes and programs to give young girls opportunities that they may not otherwise have access to — through after school and programs and workshops. Black Girls Code has had a number of successful workshops including a Mobile App Development and Build a Webpage in a Day workshop among others. We are excited for what comes next for this organization!
Can I participate without a Peloton?
Yes! Absolutely! Peloton has a mobile and web application (there’s a 30 day free trial) that allows you to participate in a number of awesome workouts without a bike, or any equipment whatsoever. This challenge is about inclusivity, and we will have a number of workouts that we post on social media each week that don’t require equipment.
Who wins the Challenge?
The winners of the challenge will be any individual or family who submits the most workouts with the hashtag #ridewithsynack to [email protected] over the course of October.
- First Place – Peloton treadmill and Synack branded towel
- Second Place – Custom swag, including a Lululemon Synack outfit
- Third Place – Synack branded Lulu workout towel
We will be handing out plenty of swag for any social media photos folks post! Please keep the social media engagement going through #Ridewithsynack #diversityincyber hashtags. We look forward to seeing you on your bike or mat!
Recommended Class Schedules
*Remember to send evidence (screenshots) of all completed workouts to [email protected] at the end of each week, or rolling as completed, for tracking.
Week of 10/26/2020:
Week of 10/19/2020:
Week of 10/12/2020:
Week of 10/5/2020: